Welcome to the Edcamp Community!
The Edcamp Community supports educators to organize and participate in powerful professional learning designed by and for educators.
Edcamps are free public events that leverage the knowledge and experiences of attendees by allowing educators to collaboratively determine topics for discussion the day of the event. Educators facilitate sessions by using their experiences to drive conversation with their peers. Educators are encouraged to find Edcamp sessions that best meet their needs to maximize learning.
Join the Edcamp Community
Educators from all backgrounds are invited to join the Edcamp Community by attending an Edcamp and organizing an Edcamp.
Tenets of the Edcamp Model:
- Free and open to all: Edcamps never charge a fee and are open to educators of all levels, subjects and schools. Edcamps are designed to expand professional learning communities by encouraging educator participation across schools and districts.
- Participant driven: Edcamps allow participants to collaboratively determine session topics. Typically, session topics are sourced from those attending the Edcamp and the session board is built the day of the Edcamp with participation from participants. However, online Edcamps are allowed to source session topics through their registration process in order to best prepare for their online event.
- Experience, not experts: Edcamps encourage participants to facilitate sessions by sharing experiences. At Edcamp, we encourage conversations, not planned presentations.
- Rule of Two Feet/Clicks: Edcamps suggest participants find sessions that meet their needs to maximize learning. If you are in a session that is not meeting your needs, we encourage you to move on to another session that may be better suited. Online Edcamps use the Rule of Two Clicks to find a session that better meets their needs!
- Vendor Free: Edcamps may not sell any goods/services or require attendees to purchase goods or services. We do not condone inviting vendors to an Edcamp.
If you have questions about the Edcamp model and are interested in organizing an Edcamp for your professional learning community, please email us at email@example.com. We are here to help brainstorm with you and will support your efforts to bring Edcamp to more educators!